Thursday, November 5, 2009

Class-Nov 5







Today in class we had visitors from Opportunities Unlimited. I worked in a group with Jenna, Kelly, and our new friend from Opportunities Unlimited, Jason. We took pictures of good and bad work habits to eventually create a video. At first I was nervous, I did not know how Jason was going to react to us or if he would be willing to cooperate. After a few minutes I realized it was very easy to make conversation with Jason and he was willing to go along with whatever our task was. We found out details about Jason and we shared things abut ourselves as well. We found out that Jason lives in a group home. Our group worked really well together and I think Jason felt very welcome. I noticed that all the students from Opportunities Unlimited were happy to carry on a conversation and laugh with us. After we took pictures, we played with play-doh, went to a story station, and built a fort. These different stations allowed us, and the students from Opportunities Unlimited to demonstrate "how we are ALL smart." For example, I played best with play-doh and created something out of play-doh that represented me. Some people work best building things, like the fort.

1 comment:

  1. Nice start. Yes, I agree your group did a fantastic job and Jason was pretty excited to be with 3 beautiful young women.
    What does our text say in reference to Transition Plans and services for students beyond age 21?
    Also, the CAST and UDL website had some info. about adaptations for lessons.
    There were some things that went well today, but not everything. What would you have changed?

    ReplyDelete